Search our blog
Our top posts and pages
- The geomorphic effects of river dredging
- The rivers of a riverless city: An ode to Birmingham
- How do we use wood in river management?
- What are environmental flows?
- How wood in rivers affects flood risk
- The geomorphic impact of sluice or weir removal
- Fracking and River Management
- Can we justify preserving landscapes for heritage?
- What to do with lost urban rivers beneath our feet
- RT @LMatyjek: If you're considering a PhD in Germany... ...and have questions about - how to find a supervisor, - do you need German, - st… 4 hours ago
- Tories testing out idea that poor people are genetically inferior. They aren't yet explicitly talking about eugenic… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 hours ago
- RT @paradisecircus: We are very happy to say that we’ve raised enough on our Birmingham: It’s Not Shit book Kickstarter to be able to commi… 4 hours ago
- @chappersmk @ChannelWidth @shackletonfc @FathomQuinny If I ever played CB it was purely as a consequence of my own… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @johncurtinEA: Hydromorph harm - yes it’s as serious as it sounds. Meet team 12 #50teams50days the East Anglia Hydromorph harm team. In… 1 week ago
- RT @johncurtinEA: The answers! Well done to all who got them right - keep checking out the fantastic work of our Hydrometry & Telemetry tea… 1 month ago
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- And an excellent book it is too! Recommended twitter.com/derelict_londo… 2 days ago
- Walking routes along London’s lost rivers proposed - of course some have been doing this for years (@teabolton?) bu… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Polluted, bridged by girders, banked by concrete, now it bisects a polyglot metropolis, ticker-tape, taxi, brothel,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
Category Archives: Meteorology
This is a guest post by Ben Gillespie, a doctoral researcher at University of Leeds You would have to live in bubble not to realise that rivers in South West England have been flooding. These recent events have bought untold … Continue reading
In response to the devastating floods in the Uttarakhand province of India there has been an almost inevitable shift from the initial shock and horror towards attempts to apportion blame for the events. In many ways this is something that … Continue reading