Search our blog
Our top posts and pages
- The geomorphic effects of river dredging
- The rivers of a riverless city: An ode to Birmingham
- How do we use wood in river management?
- What are environmental flows?
- How wood in rivers affects flood risk
- The geomorphic impact of sluice or weir removal
- Fracking and River Management
- Can we justify preserving landscapes for heritage?
- What to do with lost urban rivers beneath our feet
- RT @LMatyjek: If you're considering a PhD in Germany... ...and have questions about - how to find a supervisor, - do you need German, - st… 5 hours ago
- Tories testing out idea that poor people are genetically inferior. They aren't yet explicitly talking about eugenic… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- RT @paradisecircus: We are very happy to say that we’ve raised enough on our Birmingham: It’s Not Shit book Kickstarter to be able to commi… 5 hours ago
- @chappersmk @ChannelWidth @shackletonfc @FathomQuinny If I ever played CB it was purely as a consequence of my own… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @johncurtinEA: Hydromorph harm - yes it’s as serious as it sounds. Meet team 12 #50teams50days the East Anglia Hydromorph harm team. In… 1 week ago
- RT @johncurtinEA: The answers! Well done to all who got them right - keep checking out the fantastic work of our Hydrometry & Telemetry tea… 1 month ago
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- And an excellent book it is too! Recommended twitter.com/derelict_londo… 2 days ago
- Walking routes along London’s lost rivers proposed - of course some have been doing this for years (@teabolton?) bu… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Polluted, bridged by girders, banked by concrete, now it bisects a polyglot metropolis, ticker-tape, taxi, brothel,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
Category Archives: guest blog
To celebrate World Wetlands Day we have a special guest blogpost from Helen Parker & Naomi Oates of the Overseas Development Institute (ODI) and Catherine Moncrieff & Dave Tickner (WWF). Do we need rivers to secure water for development? On … Continue reading